Wednesday 19 February 2014

The New Year Project: Taking care of yourself

What are the things you do to take care of yourself?
Day 11 of Toni's New Year Project


To take care of my mind: I take some time out. I have found that a lovely foamy bubble bath works wonders. It eases the tension and calms the mind. There is just something about water that I find very soothing. I also like gently floating in a swimming pool, staring up at the sky. I love that I can hear the beating of my heart.

Writing in my journal or blog is a great way to organise all the thoughts wreaking havoc in my mind. It also helps me to face what I am feeling instead of trying to avoid it. 

To take care of my body: I make sure that I get enough sleep. I try to do some yoga as often as possible (also good for the mind). Good, healthy nutrition is also really important. 


To take care of my spirit: I spend some quiet time in prayer and meditation. I still need to find a church here at home. I used to love being involved in a cell group with a bunch of girls seeking God's own heart. I miss this. 





How do you take care of yourself? 

Please feel free to leave a comment below
Check out the page, The New Year Project, above for the complete list.

No comments:

Post a Comment