Tuesday 11 February 2014

The New Year Project: Change

How do you feel about change? How do you cope/adjust to change?
Day 6 of Toni's New Year Project


As much as it hurts, I know that change is necessary. I can’t imagine a world in which everything is the same. There would be no improvements. And along with the good, we must accept that there will also be things that won’t be as pleasant to go through.

We might want to hold on to something for just a little longer. We get comfortable with the way things are. We feel safe.

Change is terrifying because it represents the beginning of a period of uncertainty. We can never be sure of how things will turn out. We can only hope for the best.  

The best way that I have learnt to deal with change is to accept that it cannot be avoided; and that it can’t always be controlled. Sometimes we just have to try to make the best of the situation. Right now, I am taking it one day at a time.

This doesn’t mean that it is a walk in the park; it just means that I understand that my emotions are going to be up and down for a little while. One minute I am feeling good, happy and positive, and the next I start feeling the strain of this unfamiliar path my life is now treading through.

It is never easy. It takes time. And it requires patience. We must have faith and believe that we are strong enough to handle all that change brings. I keep my mind focused on the fact that things had to change. And in my heart I believe that it will be better. 


Please feel free to leave a comment below.
Check out the page, The New Year Project, for the complete list.
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment