Tuesday 29 April 2014

April Moments

Listening – The last few days I have been listening to the heartfelt sounds of Rae Morris on repeat, along with Red Eye by Haim, and some Birdy songs too. 

Reading – The Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I really liked the first 2 books “Divergent” and “Insurgent”. I read them both over 4 days. The pages were filled with so much danger and the need to be brave and courageous. I am currently on the 3rd book ‘Allegiant’ but things have slowed down. Now I’ve mostly been reading poetry and prose writing that I have found on Tumblr. 

Watching – The Mindy Project! I have to admit that I have become obsessed! It’s funny and extremely relatable. I don’t think there was a single episode that I didn’t literally laugh out loud or cringe at all the embarrassing situations she gets herself in to. Once I was up to date with the latest episodes, I started watching Being Human. I like this original take on Vampires and Werewolves, quite different to Vampire Diaries and Twilight. 

I also found amazing choreography dance videos on YouTube. I love watching these! Faves are Kyle Hanagami and Mega Jam.

Cooking – Haven't done much cooking this month. But I baked some amazing Cinnamon rolls using a recipe I found on Sally's Baking Addiction

Hoping – for the past few months I have been trying to figure out what I want to do next and to find my purpose and passion in life. Sometimes, hope runs low but I still believe it's there. 

Loving – The rain pouring down at night. The sunrise at 6 am. Long foamy bubble baths.

Planning – I’ve realised that lately I have become way too passive with the way my life currently is, and this does not make me happy. So, I’m still exploring options, and the next step is to find a day care centre to volunteer my endless amounts of free time. And I need to book a date for my driver’s licence. I need to make this happen already!

Missing – Cape Town and everything that I had when I was still living there. I miss my friends, the girls I lived with, and my church. I also miss my having my own space and the little independence i had. 



No comments:

Post a Comment