Friday 13 April 2012

A wonderful day


Today was a much more pleasant day! The sun came out to play and there wasn't a cloud in sight. I live for these days.

This morning I sat outside and did some reading. Then, my mother and I went to fetch my sisters from uni and school.

On the way back we stopped by my mother's cousin and her husband. It was nice to sit there and listen to all their stories about when they were younger, and all the trouble they used to get up to. My mother and all her extended family were really close. They all grew up together and lived in the same neighbourhood. Aunties, cousins, uncles, nieces, in-laws etc. I almost wish that we could have grown up in that kind of environment. As it is right now I don’t see any of my cousins or either of my parents’ family really. They have somewhat grown apart. Lots of history there. So I guess all I can hope for is that my sisters and I have that sort of relationship when we start our own families. I would like to think of their children as my own and vice versa.  

Once we got home I went out for my first jog/walk here at home with my sister. We didn’t quite make it on to the beach but we survived the whole course once. Hopefully soon we’ll be able to jog the whole way. But baby steps for now J

Now I’m off to watch a movie with my little sister – a rare opportunity! I love these little sisterly bonding moments ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment