Thursday 2 August 2012

My escape

Sometimes it's easier to be here at varsity and not in the middle of everything that goes on at home. I guess it's mostly because nothing seems to be working out for us. My father is away at work in another city on a course, and he seems more distant than ever (emotionally). My mother also has her own fair share of problems with her former employee, that has been ongoing for the past two years now. And because of this we are facing many financial problems. 

Even though we still have a lot to be grateful for, it just feels like we can't catch a break. Is it really too much to ask for? 

I still believe everything happens for a reason. I know that my mother believes that too - no matter what she is faced with. She truly is one of the strongest women that I know and I admire her so much. I just wish that she didn't have to keep fighting against these obstacles that get thrown at her. It's about time that she has a chance to live her life the way she wants to, without anything or anyone hanging over her head.

But anyway, I know we can't predict the future, we have to learn to accept the fact that not everything is under our control. There are far greater powers at work. And He knows exactly what lies ahead for each of us. Sometimes this is really easy to forget. 

So right now, I'm going to focus on studies. This is my escape, and my chance to change things for my future. One day I will be able to help my family and provide for them, not because I need to, but because I want to. Not to live an extravagant life, but to be comfortable within our means. 


No comments:

Post a Comment