Sunday 19 August 2012

Free weekend!!!

After every module, we get a weekend off. This means, no guilty feelings about the huge amount of studying that we still have to do. It is free of all stress and we can just enjoy doing whatever we like, granted that you don’t keep worrying about how badly the last test went…  

Usually I don’t have a problem putting tests behind me once I finish… I mean, there is no point worrying about things that you can’t change, right? I just have to wait and see if I have high enough marks to write the exam…..

There is truly no way to escape stress around here! BUT, on the bright side, I’m just really happy to finally have that module over and done with.  I just want to get this whole year over with as quickly as possible! And it won’t be long before final exams are here. I have 2 more modules left. They are shorter than the previous ones, though it doesn’t mean that they will be any less work…

Big Sigh…..

But, I have been having a nice weekend. Nothing exciting has happened, but it’s been good and restful.

I donated blood on Friday, a couple of hours after the test. It wasn’t really the best idea, given that I was tired and I felt a little weak afterwards. But I wanted to donate this time. The blood drive service doesn’t come around very often, and previously my Iron levels had been a little too low to be able to donate.  But this time, everything was good to go. I’ve done it many times before, but for some reason, this time; I was thinking about the blood flowing out of my tiny veins that will one day be of use to someone that needs it.

Saturday, I went to church in the morning. There was this Sisterhood service, for woman and children of all ages. It was wonderful to be there and the message was truly powerful. The church was almost bursting at its seams because it was so full! And there was hardly any place to sit! It was honestly amazing to see so many women gathered there with a few guys serving and welcoming us all in as we queued up outside.


Just the people queued up outside, waiting to find space inside the church!

All in all, it has been a good weekend. I hope that everyone, or anyone, out there reading this has had a good weekend too. Feel free to send me an email or comment anytime on anything. 

Happy Sunday! J

No comments:

Post a Comment