Monday 25 June 2012

Homemade pizza and wine

So this past weekend was pretty good, (besides its emotional ups and downs). My best friend, J, stayed over on Friday. We originally planned to go out a little but then she wasn't in the mood really, so we stayed in and made homemade pizzas and drank some wine. It’s always good to catch up after a while of not seeing each other. Although, I feel as if there is something that she may not be telling me. I have no idea what it could be, but hopefully if it’s anything, she’ll feel free to share it with me.

On Saturday, the two of us plus my sisters, went to this little music festival that was in town. It was a quaint little affair, but not much was going on. We ended up just walking around until we ran in to my sister’s friends from varsity. They are pretty cool people. I met them last time I was home and had some fun with them.

The weather took a turn for the worst, so one of them suggested that we all go back to her place before the rain sets in.

We were all gathered in her vintage little house when someone suggested playing the drinking game "Never Have I Ever". It was great fun, and filled with a lot of laughter. Some of the things that came out about them really were quite shocking! I was stunned and left a little speechless! I mean I'm not a prude or anything, but it was just surprising to see how open most of them were about their sexuality.

In a way it is a good thing. I'm still trying to come to terms with sex not being the major issue it was while we were still younger. I in no way mean that it's not still be a big deal; I just mean that it’s not an awkward topic of discussion. And I suppose it has become the social "norm" around people of my age. I'm not willing to change my values, but I am ready to be more aware of its presence.

I think this is one of the things that scare me a little about future relationships. Will I be able to find a guy that will be as willing to accept my beliefs as my ex was? And will he be open and honest about all his past sexual relationships?

I guess that the only way to find all that out is to go ahead and take a few risks. All calculated, of course! A little experience couldn’t hurt.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment