Sunday 15 July 2012

The cold front

I can't stop thinking about tomorrow. Monday, 16th of July - the day my June exam results come out. I'm terriefied. There are so many worse case scenario's running through my mind... What if I don't make it again? What if I have to rewrite those modules, or even worse, fail completely?

I know that there is no point in worrying about it now. There's nothing that can be done to change the outcome. But I just feel so disappointed in myself. I know that I didn't work as hard as I should have. I just pray that things are different now. That I managed to get through.

I just need one more chance.

And it doesn't help that I've caught the flu. I felt it coming on a few days ago. It started with a cough. And I'm guessing I didn't make things easier for myself by attempting to walk to the mall on Saturday in this terribly cold weather. Apparently we have been experiencing a cold front all over the country. I didn't get very far tho. It started to drizzle just as I was a few metres away from the gates. The sun was also playing tricks on me, because it started to shine minutes after I got back to my room...

I don't know whether it was just a coincidence, or whether it was fate. I was really looking forward to doing my own thing, roaming around the mall, looking for a gift for a friend, and just being free. The only problem was that it's not the safest walk to do alone. And I was abit weary about it. So maybe I should think of the rain as a blessing in disguise...

I really need to learn how to drive properly and get my licence ASAP! I hate asking people for lifts. And even when I do, I'm always on their time. So I can never truly do as I please. But the whole licence situation is a saga of its own. To be dealt with at a later stage.

Atleast the weekend wasn't all too bad. I felt a bit lousy last night with a stuffy nose and persistent cough, but it's a little better today. Hopefully it will all clear up soon. I watched a couple of movies and series. And even read through some Nephrology for tomorrows' lectures. Let's hope that it pays off.

The sooner I get tomorrow over with, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment