Monday 19 May 2014

Skype Cell Group: His love casts out all fear

One of my best friends and her mother have started a cell group via Skype! She has been looking for a new cell for a few weeks now, and asked me if I would like to be a part of it. I haven't found a church here at home yet, so this couldn't have been more welcome. It is a chance to have fellowship with a few women that are earnestly seeking God's heart. I need this.It is too easy to get lost in this world on our own and forget the promises God has made in our hearts. We need to be reminded of His goodness and love, especially during the storms in our lives.  

So, this group chat is made up of my friend - in Cape Town on campus, her sister - at their home in Somerset west; her mother - all the way in Wales; her friend - over in Newlands, UK; and me - here at home. 

It is truly amazing that no matter where you are in the world, the word of God can reach you. He will send you the right people to help you through whatever situation you may face, to support you and help you grow in His love. 

Here are little bits and pieces, words of wisdom and encouragement from the session. I hope you find something that touches your heart too.

***
Trust in God and His promises will come to pass. In His time, He will reveal all things to us. Be Patient and lift your voice up to Him for He hears our cries. He is always fighting a supernatural battle for us. Have faith, the victory is already yours.

He [Abraham] was absolutely convinced that God was able to do anything he promised.
-Romans 4:21

“Don’t give up on your hopes and dreams; you may just be on the brink of your miracle.”

Jesus is not the spare wheel in your life, so don’t put Him in that position. Allow Him to take the lead and trust Him with all your troubles and worries. Give it all up to Him.

Our flesh is weak, but our spirit is strong. Therefore, we must feed our spirit with the word of God every day. Soak up all His wisdom and grow in His presence.

“Doubt kills faith, so don’t allow the enemy to put that in your heart.”

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the LORD:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I am trusting him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from the fatal plague.
He will shield you with his wings.
He will shelter you with his feathers.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor fear the dangers of the day,
nor dread the plague that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.
But you will see it with your eyes;
you will see how the wicked are punished.
If you make the LORD your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your dwelling.
For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go.
They will hold you with their hands
to keep you from striking your foot on a stone.
You will trample down lions and poisonous snakes;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue them and honor them.
I will satisfy them with a long life
and give them my salvation."
Psalm 91
***

“His love casts out fear. Allow Him to fill you with peace and replenish your spirit.”

Don’t be afraid. The Lord sends His angels to look after each and every one of us. Don’t allow the enemy to put fear into your heart either. Trust in the Lord, in all things, and for all things. The Lord is your protector, make Him your refuge and turn to Him when you are afraid. No harm can fall upon those in the Lord’s counsel.

When your day is not focused on God, you miss the point. You miss out on hearing His voice and receiving His direction. We are here to live a life that is pleasing to God. Therefore, let every day be a testimony to Him; and let it bring glory to our Heavenly father.

Find your hope in Christ Jesus, and it will never run out.

God is good, and we need to be able to acknowledge that goodness, and look for it all around us.

Don’t let your circumstances affect your faith. Look first to God and let Him deal with all your worries.

***
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God!
They are innumerable!
I can't even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me

Psalm 139:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment