Wednesday 17 December 2014

The truth hurts

Days all sift into one, and I can't seem to find any meaning in it anymore. I'm awake all night searching my heart for something more, trying to forget all the waste that I have in my past. Memories haunt me as every detail drifts into my mind unwelcomed bringing up emotions I can't control.

I’ve now come to realise that the only way to get closure is to see the situation exactly as it is, and not try to comfort myself with a front.


The truth hurts sometimes – no doubt. But isn't living in pretense worse? Trying to placate myself only for the time being by spinning stories about the reasons things happened, or why people feel a certain way won’t really help me let go. I just have to accept it the way that it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment