Sunday 5 May 2013

Bitterness

In church today Ps. Charles Niemand spoke about asking God to be RECOVERED, so that our grief does not turn into bitterness, for bitterness soon turns into hostility if it has been nurtured for too long.

Don't focus on the "Why me?" type of questions, that we so readily ask ourselves when things happen that leave us feeling shattered, because it doesn't change anything that has happened. All it will do is hold you back. 

2 Corinthians 11:24-29
24 Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. 26 I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not.[c] 27 I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.
28 Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger?


 2 Corinthians 12: 8-10
Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Paul faced all these terrible things and didn't once ask, "Why me?" He knew that even though he was going through troubled times, his God had not forsaken him. Instead, he chose to be proud of his weakness because that is when  the Lord's power works best. His grace is all we need to gain strength. 

Always remember that the whole universe is NOT against you! You are not the only one that is facing or has faced some really tough things. Turn your eyes back to the Lord and your spirit will be renewed. Don't give up hope, for the Lord has overcome the world and He will never leave your side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment