Sunday 17 February 2013

Someone you drifted away from


Dear Nicole,

We've known each other for the longest time, and even though we were once as close as can be, we seem to have drifted further and further apart over the years.

We became friends at a time when we both needed each other, for so many different reasons. I will never forget the random, crazy and wonderful moments that we shared together. 

But as we grew, our lives started to move in different directions. I moved away from home and the distance made things worse. I really did try to keep in contact, but our relationship hardly ever returned to what it once was. 

I still remember that day you called me, desperately seeking help. I was going about my life as usual, while your whole world came crashing down around you. I know that you needed me to be there for you, but there was no way that I could. I had lived a completely protected childhood, unaware or naive to the cruelty of the world. There was absolutely no way that I could have understood anything that you were going through. You needed more than I could ever offer. 

I don’t mean to bring up the past. I just thought you should know that it was not because I didn't care.

And even though it has been a couple of years since I saw you last, I know that you have grown into a strong young woman.

So all that I will say, is that you will always be in my prayers and I believe that when the time is right for both of us, our paths will cross once again. 

Take care my friend,
 *Rainbow



No comments:

Post a Comment